My leg is getting much better as each day passes. I got the stitches out and I really felt like that improved the mobility in my knee. The next day I was able to ride my bike, although it was a bit awkward. After that I just increased the amount of exercise each day to see if it could get stronger. Right now the swelling is almost all the way down, but the bruising is just beginning. I’m going to try running this next week and just taking it nice and easy. Rehab is never fun, but it’s way better than waiting until your healed and then you realize all your strength and energy is lost.

I went to Sambava to say goodbye to one of the volunteers in the area who was going home. It’s crazy because she came to Madagascar a year later than I did so I really feel out of the Peace Corps loop. However, my time is winding down here so it isn’t too bad. It’s crazy to think that in my time as a Peace Corps volunteer I will have seen 9 different groups come into Madagascar; that’s a lot of volunteers!

I’m making more plans with people about my future in Madagascar. Really, everything is still up in the air and I only have about a month or so left of my Peace Corps service. To be honest, I really wish that I already had something set up. I don’t like the last minute scrambling, but that’s just how life works sometimes. I am looking to get a job in Madagascar (at this point anywhere in the country) that is environment related. I really don’t think I could do any kind of foreign service or government related job and actually enjoy what I’m doing. However, if nothing comes up or there isn’t a job that I find appealing, I guess I’ll go back to the United States.

It’s hard to think about coming back to the US just because I feel like I have more solid work experience here in Madagascar. I worked throughout college and after graduating, but I don’t feel like it was the same experience. If I go back to California I’m sure I’ll figure it all out, but it is a little daunting.

But, now that my leg is healing up, and that I’m still here, I needed to ride around and chat with people and check on all of the projects we have going on. There was a lot that happened without me knowing, but that’s ok and there were no major disasters, which I was very happy about. However, there are still a lot of things that I see and ask about that other people involved aren’t, and that does worry me a little about the future of the projects. However, I’m sure there may be an over-reliance of others on me that will fade away when I’m no longer in the picture.

I was thrilled to have my dad and step mom visit me in Andapa. It was nice to have some visitors and share my world for a few days. It was weird though because I’m feeling more comfortable in Andapa, have all of my old friends in Matsobe, and I’m almost feeling like I’m caught in between the two areas. I don’t know really who to introduce or what to share and I didn’t want to take the time to share everyone and everything. Regardless, I think they enjoyed their trip to the basin and seeing all of our projects and all of my friends. They even picked up a little bit of Malagasy, which I was very happy about.

So that’s that. Not a whole lot going on, or at least not that I wanted to write about. Maybe the next two weeks will be more exciting…